Posted by James Sechrengost on 07/03 at 08:11 AM
I love baked potatoes. I love potato skins. I just don’t love the time it takes to make them when grilling. So my friends and I, while sitting around after a day of grilling, tried to come up with a recipe that would give us what we wanted without the hassle. I don’t drink and they do so as the beer flowed so did the ideas.
As more beer flowed the ideas got weirder and weirder. Potato on a stick? Okay, anyhow, some of the ideas had merit, and we tried and failed several before we came up with this. Hope you enjoy the recipe and the sacrificed brain cells my friends put into the invention.
- 6-8 red or Yukon Gold potatoes scrubbed and cut into cubes
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 3 Tbs. grated parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic grated
- ½ Tsp. season salt
- ¼ Tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 4 pats of butter
- ½ cup crumbled cooked bacon
- ½ Cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
- 2 20 inch squares of heavy duty foil
- Mix potatoes, onion, parmesan cheese, garlic, season salt, pepper together in a big bowl.
- Make a square out of the foil and coat one side with grease or non-stick spray.
- Load potato mixture onto center of foil and drop the pats of butter on the top.
- Fold foil up around potato mixture and seal tightly.
- Place on a medium hot grill and cook for about 15-18 minutes and then flip and cook for another 15-18 minutes. Push down on potatoes with tongs until they give but don’t mash.
- Carefully open packet. Watch for steam. Sprinkle bacon and cheese over top and put back on grill for 3-5 minutes until cheese melts. Serve with sour cream on top if using.
Author: James Sechrengost
Bio: Computer Guru | World Traveler and Foodie Extraordinaire | Member of the Been there Done that Club
Most recent entries
- Revisiting Republica’s March Release “Christiana Obey”
- Mack Wilds: Actor Turned Singer
- Iggy Azalea Releases New Club Banger “Leave It”
- 12 Songs for December
- Flashback to 1991: “How Can I Ease the Pain”
- Chris Brown Releases “X-Files” EP, Five New Songs Today
- Future’s New Music “Real and True” Video is Quite Odd
- Five Songs for November
- Langston’s Hughes’ Black Nativity Turned Film Set to Premiere Nov. 27th
- Blacklisted Me releases new ‘dark pop’ material
- Beiber’s New Single About Selena Gomez?
- My Top 10 Horror Film Themes
- On Repeat: 3 Songs I Can’t Stop Listening To
- Jhene Aiko to Release New EP & Album
- The Music of “Gravity”
- Stephen Smith
- Alexandra Voigt
- Chelsea Sweithelm
- Nathan Etter
- Charlee Redman
- Natalie Plumb
- John Hendrickson
- Michael Giannelli
- Carly Mallenbaum
- Ryan Chase
- Pat Baxter
- Marcus Correll
- Aaron Wynne
- Mike Hobson
- Samantha Hatfield
- Brian McFarland
- Lindsay Carolla
- Johnny Chadwick
- Devin Weakland
- Ryan Kappy
- Stephanie Williams
- Kayla Tooma
- Christopher Will
- David Porter Callanan
- Matt D'Ippolito
- Karen Marchuska
- Rachel Garman
- Brittany Barth
- Mike Moynahan
- Shamir Lee
- Brandon Vesely
- Jessica Gold