Posted by Emily Wiley on 12/07 at 03:11 PM
LIFeSTYLE is an Italian gem in Bedford County. It’s located just off Main Street, between the 1794 headquarters of George Washington and the medicinal mineral springs, now home to a luxurious spa and resort.
During the day LIFeSTYLE sells fine Italian products like soft Tuscan linens, Deruta ceramics, aged balsamic vinegars, and artisan cheeses.
Each Friday morning they set out fresh loaves of bread, and occasionally they sell homemade ravioli. Both are so popular that pre-orders are recommended.
Then every Saturday night, the shop is transformed into a trattoria. Owners — and husband and wife — Stefano and Sarah Ferrari set out one long table that seats no more than 22 customers. The menu is conceptualized that day, and the price is fixed at $45 per person, which includes service.
During the summer the Ferraris serve bruschetta with heirloom tomatoes, risotto with plump blueberries, and chicken cacciatore with salty olives and anchovies. And when the temperatures change, so does the menu. Winter specialties include crostini with sage and caramelized onions, homemade pasta with cream sauce and orange zest, and pork tenderloin stuffed with mushrooms. Cheese plates and desserts round out the meals.
Conversation flows as effortlessly as the wine at LIFeSTYLE. It is an exceptional showcase of Italian flavors and traditions in a humble setting with gracious hosts.
Call in advance to make Saturday night dinner reservations.
108 East Pitt Street
Bedfrod, Pa 15522
Author: Emily Wiley
Bio: WPSU Multimedia Producer | Wife and Mother | Lover of Food and Photography | One-Half of The Culinary Couple
Most recent entries
- Ring in the New Year with Katie Herzig’s Latest Album, “The Waking Sleep”
- 2013 Will Be Ellie Goulding’s Year
- Penn State’s Movin’ On music festival announces MGMT as the Headliner
- Asher Roth and The White Panda Bring The Party at Alumni Hall Last Friday
- Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s Revamped Album - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded The Re-Up
- Asher Roth and The White Panda are Bringing the Party to Penn State TONIGHT (12/7)
- ‘Tis The Season! Some Songs to Put You in the Holiday Spirit
- The Party Girl Is Back: Ke$ha’s Latest Single, “Die Young”
- Album Review: Delilah’s Debut Album “From The Roots Up”
- More Music to Discover Over the Holiday: Flight Facilities
- Album Review: Matt & Kim Release Thunderous New Album, “Lightning”
- Marina and the Diamonds’ Latest Single Gives a Guide To Breaking Hearts
- The UK’s Latest and Greatest: Emeli Sandé
- Springsteen and his E Street Band Rocked The BJC
- A Slice of Jamaica: The Toots and the Maytals at The State Theatre, 11/5/12 - A Review
- Stephen Smith
- Alexandra Voigt
- Chelsea Sweithelm
- Nathan Etter
- Charlee Redman
- Natalie Plumb
- John Hendrickson
- Michael Giannelli
- Carly Mallenbaum
- Ryan Chase
- Pat Baxter
- Marcus Correll
- Aaron Wynne
- Mike Hobson
- Samantha Hatfield
- Brian McFarland
- Lindsay Carolla
- Johnny Chadwick
- Devin Weakland
- Ryan Kappy
- Stephanie Williams
- Christopher Will
- David Porter Callanan
- Matt D'Ippolito
- Karen Marchuska
- Rachel Garman
- Brittany Barth
- Mike Moynahan