Posted by Erin Donahue on 02/11 at 12:08 PM
Do you believe in love at first sight? I didn’t—until I walked into Chocolate Madness on West College Avenue in downtown State College. I immediately fell in love with the sweet scent of cocoa and the sight of luscious strawberries dipped in red and white chocolate.
Some might say Valentine’s Day is a time to spoil your significant other. Others might agree it’s all about the candy. Either way, consider supporting a local business while indulging in sweet temptations this February holiday.
- Mt. Nittany Winery: Looking for something to pair with those sweet temptations? Mt. Nittany Winery in Centre Hall will host a wine and chocolate pairing this weekend featuring delicious treats from Chocolate Madness and the Boalsburg Chocolate Company. Cost is $3.00 per person. Reservations are required. Learn more.
- Sweet Tooth Bakery: If cupcakes are more your palate, stop in to Sweet Tooth Bakery. Located at the intersection of Miller Alley and Calder Way in State College, the shop has several Valentine’s Day specials like a bouquet of a dozen chocolate chip cookies or foiled milk chocolate roses. Sweet Tooth also has chocolate frames to display your most memorable photos and chocolate-covered strawberries, pretzels, and Oreos. Find out what else they have to offer.
- Sugar On Top: Locally owned cupcake shop, Sugar On Top, can also fill your need for something sweet this weekend. Located at 121 1/2 East Beaver Avenue in State College, they offer flavors like banana split, raspberry lemonade, and choco nut butter cup. These sweet treats might just be what makes the world go round.
- Woodrings Floral Gardens and George’s Floral Boutique: Looking for flowers instead? Woodrings Floral Gardens and George’s Floral Boutique have you covered with Valentine’s specials on floral bouquets for your significant other.
Nothing says “I Love You” like these unique specialties from your own backyard. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Author: Erin Donahue
Bio: Erin is a senior at Penn State majoring in broadcast journalism with a minor in sociology. She's excited to share her passion for food, writing, and multimedia.
Most recent entries
- Mack Wilds: Actor Turned Singer
- Iggy Azalea Releases New Club Banger “Leave It”
- 12 Songs for December
- Flashback to 1991: “How Can I Ease the Pain”
- Chris Brown Releases “X-Files” EP, Five New Songs Today
- Future’s New Music “Real and True” Video is Quite Odd
- Five Songs for November
- Langston’s Hughes’ Black Nativity Turned Film Set to Premiere Nov. 27th
- Blacklisted Me releases new ‘dark pop’ material
- Beiber’s New Single About Selena Gomez?
- My Top 10 Horror Film Themes
- On Repeat: 3 Songs I Can’t Stop Listening To
- Jhene Aiko to Release New EP & Album
- The Music of “Gravity”
- Justin Timberlake’s The 20/20 Experience 2 of 2: A Track By Track Review
- Stephen Smith
- Alexandra Voigt
- Chelsea Sweithelm
- Nathan Etter
- Charlee Redman
- Natalie Plumb
- John Hendrickson
- Michael Giannelli
- Carly Mallenbaum
- Ryan Chase
- Pat Baxter
- Marcus Correll
- Aaron Wynne
- Mike Hobson
- Samantha Hatfield
- Brian McFarland
- Lindsay Carolla
- Johnny Chadwick
- Devin Weakland
- Ryan Kappy
- Stephanie Williams
- Kayla Tooma
- Christopher Will
- David Porter Callanan
- Matt D'Ippolito
- Karen Marchuska
- Rachel Garman
- Brittany Barth
- Mike Moynahan
- Shamir Lee
- Brandon Vesely
- Jessica Gold