Posted by Michele Frank on 09/30 at 02:46 PM
Whenever I want to impress someone with my cooking this is my go to recipe. I have yet to meet someone who dislikes it, and in fact, it usually becomes one of their favorite meals. Everyone in my family is in love with this steak. Every time I go home to visit them, they ask me to make this. While this is recipe is intended to serve two people, it can easily be doubled for more.
2 Tbsp butter
2 ribeye steaks (I got mine from the Penn State Friday Meat Sale and they were fantastic, definitely recommended.)
Ground pepper, as much as you like.
1 cup beef broth
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tsp flour
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
In a large frying pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
In the meantime, trim the fat from your steaks and press fresh ground pepper into both sides. Use as much or as little pepper as desired.
Once the butter is simmering, place the steaks into the pan and cook about 7 minutes on each side. This will leave the steaks slightly rare in the middle. If you prefer them more done, add 2 minutes to the cook time for each side.
Remove the finished steaks from the pan and turn off the heat. Scrape the sides of the pan and reserve the drippings. Let set for 5 minutes.
Add the broth, whipping cream, flour, and mustard to the drippings. Whisk well and make sure there are no lumps in the sauce.
Turn on the heat to high and bring the sauce to a rolling boil. Bring the sauce down to a simmer for 3 minutes and remove from heat. Serve over the steaks. Enjoy.
Author: Michele Frank
Bio: Michele is a senior at Penn State majoring in print journalism. She loves to cook for her friends and family, and wishes to make a career out of her hobby. She spent last summer working for Gulfshore Life Magazine in Naples, Fla.
Most recent entries
- Album Review: The Great Gatsby (2013) Soundtrack
- Introducing the Blue Robot Summer 2013 Writers
- Ring in the New Year with Katie Herzig’s Latest Album, “The Waking Sleep”
- 2013 Will Be Ellie Goulding’s Year
- Penn State’s Movin’ On music festival announces MGMT as the Headliner
- Asher Roth and The White Panda Bring The Party at Alumni Hall Last Friday
- Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s Revamped Album - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded The Re-Up
- Asher Roth and The White Panda are Bringing the Party to Penn State TONIGHT (12/7)
- ‘Tis The Season! Some Songs to Put You in the Holiday Spirit
- The Party Girl Is Back: Ke$ha’s Latest Single, “Die Young”
- Album Review: Delilah’s Debut Album “From The Roots Up”
- More Music to Discover Over the Holiday: Flight Facilities
- Album Review: Matt & Kim Release Thunderous New Album, “Lightning”
- Marina and the Diamonds’ Latest Single Gives a Guide To Breaking Hearts
- The UK’s Latest and Greatest: Emeli Sandé
- Stephen Smith
- Alexandra Voigt
- Chelsea Sweithelm
- Nathan Etter
- Charlee Redman
- Natalie Plumb
- John Hendrickson
- Michael Giannelli
- Carly Mallenbaum
- Ryan Chase
- Pat Baxter
- Marcus Correll
- Aaron Wynne
- Mike Hobson
- Samantha Hatfield
- Brian McFarland
- Lindsay Carolla
- Johnny Chadwick
- Devin Weakland
- Ryan Kappy
- Stephanie Williams
- Kayla Tooma
- Christopher Will
- David Porter Callanan
- Matt D'Ippolito
- Karen Marchuska
- Rachel Garman
- Brittany Barth
- Mike Moynahan