Posted by Emily Wiley on 11/30 at 12:26 PM
Polymath Park is nestled in the woods of the Laurel Highlands. Three Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired homes sit on 100 acres of tranquil forest, and down a narrow driveway barely visible behind tall trees, is Tree Tops.
I first discovered the restaurant during a culinary tour of the Laurel Highlands, organized by The Fork and The Road.
Jodi Henry, wife of Executive Chef Mark Henry, cheerfully greeted our group on the stairs of the appropriately named restaurant. The rustic scenery followed us indoors with tall framed windows, a stone fireplace, and handcrafted wooden chairs. It was cozy and warm and sweet-smelling, thanks to Chef Mark.
Henry has close to 30 years experience as a chef, restaurateur, culinary instructor, and ice carver. Yes, prior to garnishing desserts with molded chocolate and crystallized sugar, he sculpted ice into artwork.
When we arrived, Henry already had on display a tray of sliced chocolate truffle and his award-winning goat cheese cheesecake. The creamy cake topped with raspberries and candied pecans and served inside a praline shell took dish of the year at Savor Pittsburgh 2010.
As if that wasn’t enough, Henry also flambéed bananas foster for us.
In addition to decadent desserts, Tree Tops serves a variety of appetizers and seasonal entrees like cedar plank salmon with honey and bourbon and tenderloin tips finished with mushrooms and gorgonzola.
Tree Tops is a fine dining gem in western Pennsylvania that focuses on fresh and organic ingredients. It would be a lovely treat to try this holiday season. Reservations are recommended, and the restaurant may be reserved for private parties. Chef Mark is also available for catering.
Friday and Saturday 4-10pm
Sunday Brunch 11am-2pm and Dinner 2-6pm
Tree Tops Restaurant at Polymath Park
187 Evergreen Lane
Acme, PA 15610
(877) 833-7829 ext 3
Author: Emily Wiley
Bio: WPSU Multimedia Producer | Wife and Mother | Lover of Food and Photography | One-Half of The Culinary Couple
Most recent entries
- Ring in the New Year with Katie Herzig’s Latest Album, “The Waking Sleep”
- 2013 Will Be Ellie Goulding’s Year
- Penn State’s Movin’ On music festival announces MGMT as the Headliner
- Asher Roth and The White Panda Bring The Party at Alumni Hall Last Friday
- Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s Revamped Album - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded The Re-Up
- Asher Roth and The White Panda are Bringing the Party to Penn State TONIGHT (12/7)
- ‘Tis The Season! Some Songs to Put You in the Holiday Spirit
- The Party Girl Is Back: Ke$ha’s Latest Single, “Die Young”
- Album Review: Delilah’s Debut Album “From The Roots Up”
- More Music to Discover Over the Holiday: Flight Facilities
- Album Review: Matt & Kim Release Thunderous New Album, “Lightning”
- Marina and the Diamonds’ Latest Single Gives a Guide To Breaking Hearts
- The UK’s Latest and Greatest: Emeli Sandé
- Springsteen and his E Street Band Rocked The BJC
- A Slice of Jamaica: The Toots and the Maytals at The State Theatre, 11/5/12 - A Review
- Stephen Smith
- Alexandra Voigt
- Chelsea Sweithelm
- Nathan Etter
- Charlee Redman
- Natalie Plumb
- John Hendrickson
- Michael Giannelli
- Carly Mallenbaum
- Ryan Chase
- Pat Baxter
- Marcus Correll
- Aaron Wynne
- Mike Hobson
- Samantha Hatfield
- Brian McFarland
- Lindsay Carolla
- Johnny Chadwick
- Devin Weakland
- Ryan Kappy
- Stephanie Williams
- Christopher Will
- David Porter Callanan
- Matt D'Ippolito
- Karen Marchuska
- Rachel Garman
- Brittany Barth
- Mike Moynahan