Posted by Emily Wiley on 02/09 at 03:02 PM
You and your Valentine are invited to Mt. Nittany Winery in Centre Hall this weekend for a wine and chocolate pairings event. Treat yourself, your sweetheart, or a group of friends to Mt. Nittany’s wines paired with local sweets from Chocolate Madness.
Event hours are Saturday, Feb. 11th from 12-5pm and Sunday, Feb. 12th from 12:30-4pm. Cost is $4.50 per person, and reservations are required. Contact the winery at (814) 466-6373, 300 Houser Road in Centre Hall.
Continue reading for a chocolate truffles recipe from the winery.
Chocolate Madness carries a variety of artisan candies—from peanut butter delights to cherry cordials to chocolate covered twinkies. You can purchase a selection of sweets from their online Etsy shop.
If you prefer a homemade treat this Valentine’s Day, try this truffles recipe from the folks at Mt. Nittany Winery.
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 Tbsp Grand Marnier
6 oz German’s sweet chocolate, broken up
4 Tbsp sweet butter, softened
powdered unsweetened cocoa
Boil cream in a small heavy pan until reduced to 2 tablespoons. Remove from heat, stir in Grand Marnier and chocolate, and return to low heat; stir until chocolate melts.
Whisk in softened butter. When mixture is smooth, pour into a shallow bowl and refrigerate until firm, about 40 minutes.
Scoop chocolate up with a teaspoon and shape into 1-inch balls. Roll the truffle balls in the unsweetened cocoa.
Store truffles, covered, in the refrigerator. Let truffles stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
Yield: 24 truffles
Variations: Substitute dark rum, Cognac, or another liqueur for the Grand Marnier. Also try, Kahlua, Framboise, Creme de Menthe, or Amaretto.
Author: Emily Wiley
Bio: WPSU Multimedia Producer | Wife and Mother | Lover of Food and Photography | One-Half of The Culinary Couple
Most recent entries
- Ring in the New Year with Katie Herzig’s Latest Album, “The Waking Sleep”
- 2013 Will Be Ellie Goulding’s Year
- Penn State’s Movin’ On music festival announces MGMT as the Headliner
- Asher Roth and The White Panda Bring The Party at Alumni Hall Last Friday
- Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s Revamped Album - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded The Re-Up
- Asher Roth and The White Panda are Bringing the Party to Penn State TONIGHT (12/7)
- ‘Tis The Season! Some Songs to Put You in the Holiday Spirit
- The Party Girl Is Back: Ke$ha’s Latest Single, “Die Young”
- Album Review: Delilah’s Debut Album “From The Roots Up”
- More Music to Discover Over the Holiday: Flight Facilities
- Album Review: Matt & Kim Release Thunderous New Album, “Lightning”
- Marina and the Diamonds’ Latest Single Gives a Guide To Breaking Hearts
- The UK’s Latest and Greatest: Emeli Sandé
- Springsteen and his E Street Band Rocked The BJC
- A Slice of Jamaica: The Toots and the Maytals at The State Theatre, 11/5/12 - A Review
- Stephen Smith
- Alexandra Voigt
- Chelsea Sweithelm
- Nathan Etter
- Charlee Redman
- Natalie Plumb
- John Hendrickson
- Michael Giannelli
- Carly Mallenbaum
- Ryan Chase
- Pat Baxter
- Marcus Correll
- Aaron Wynne
- Mike Hobson
- Samantha Hatfield
- Brian McFarland
- Lindsay Carolla
- Johnny Chadwick
- Devin Weakland
- Ryan Kappy
- Stephanie Williams
- Christopher Will
- David Porter Callanan
- Matt D'Ippolito
- Karen Marchuska
- Rachel Garman
- Brittany Barth
- Mike Moynahan