22nd Annual Connoisseur's Dinner & Auction
February 1, 2014 •  The Nittany Lion Inn •  State College, Pennsylvania
The Flavor of Nashville
View all photos from the event on our Flickr page.
View the Auction Catalog (pdf) to see some of the items that were up for bid at this year's event.
Chef Bob Waggoner
A California native, Bob Waggoner received his formal training with Michael Roberts at Trumps in Los Angeles from 1981 to 1983, and later in France at a constellation of Michelin-rated restaurants. At age 26, he became the first American chef to own his own restaurant in France—the much acclaimed Le Monte Cristo. Bob has quickly gained a reputation as a media-savvy cooking expert, having appeared on Gourmet Getaways with Robin Leach, Great Chefs of the South, and the Food Network's In Food Today, among others. He has taped segments with television food reporter Burt Wolf, which appeared on The Travel Channel, CNN, and PBS stations nationwide. Bob has won an Emmy for his television show Off the Menu with Turner South, and has appeared on The View and The CBS Morning Show. In addition to hosting public television's Sing for your Supper, Bob shares his genius talents and larger-than-life personality as head chef at Nashville's Watermark restaurant where he emphasizes seasonal and exceptional Southern ingredients that are classically prepared. Watermark is a leader in both Nashville's and the Southeast's culinary scene.
- Smoked salmon mousse in a cucumber cup with caper and dill
- Tennessee goat cheese mousse crouton with smoked bacon and garden thyme
- Burgundy Gruyere cheese puffs
- Sautéed Wild American Shrimp and Stone Ground Tennessee Grits in a Chardonnay, pear tomato, and opal basil sauce
- Tennessee Goat Cheese Mousse scented with lemon and thyme, with roasted golden and red beets in an orange and citrus vinaigrette
- Grilled Angus Beef Tenderloin over a wild mushroom and roasted shallot ragout in a caramelized pearl onion, smoked bacon, and burgundy reduction
- Spiced Pinot Noir and Fresh Berry Martini with star anise scented ice cream
Underwritten, in part, by
- DelGrosso Foods
- DelGrosso's Amusement Park
- First National Bank
- Nittany Valley Rehabilitation Hospital
- W. R. Hickey
- M&T Bank
- Mercedes-Benz of State College
- Nestlerode & Loy
- Vantage Investment Advisors, LLC
For information on how your organization can underwrite this event, please contact Tom Yourchak, firstname.lastname@example.org or 814.863.5596.