Community / Blogs
Stories and Events in the WPSU Community
The opinions expressed in these blogs are solely those of the people who wrote them, and do not represent the views of WPSU or Penn State University.
Posted by Emily Wiley on 12/15 at 01:00 PM
December dinners tends to be hearty and heavy, and sometimes we need a break from weighty winter food. Enter roasted butternut squash orzo with wilted spinach and dried cranberries.
Posted by Emily Wiley on 12/10 at 11:17 AM
Warm up this wintry weekend with a bowl of spicy Moroccan vegetable stew. It combines seasonal root vegetables with cinnamon, cumin, and paprika and a splash of sweet coconut milk at the end. The list of ingredients may seem long, but this soup couldn’t be simpler or more satisfying.
Posted by Emily Wiley on 12/07 at 03:11 PM
LIFeSTYLE is an Italian gem in Bedford County. It’s located just off Main Street, between the 1794 headquarters of George Washington and the medicinal mineral springs, now home to a luxurious spa and resort.
Posted by Emily Wiley on 12/03 at 01:21 PM
Here’s a versatile, sweet, and savory recipe to make use of your favorite winter vegetables. Try it as an accompaniment to chicken in puff pastry with apple butter and Fontina cheese or mustard-baked chicken with pretzel crust.
Most recent entries
- 10 great varieties to add to your seed order list
- Tuesday, January 27, 2015
- By Jamie Oberdick in Local Food Journey
- Being a vegetarian in State College
- Friday, January 23, 2015
- By Local Food Journey in Local Food Journey
- Upcoming events for wine enthusiasts in February and March
- Tuesday, January 20, 2015
- By Linda Weaver in Local Food Journey
- Cream of cauliflower soup fights the winter chill
- Friday, January 16, 2015
- By LacCreta Holland in Local Food Journey
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014