Contribute / WPSU-FM Poster Competition Rules
Artist Submission Guidelines
- Limit of 3 submissions per artist.
- Art is limited to 2D work, which may include drawings, paintings, photography, mixed media, and collage.
- Work should be submitted electronically as a jpeg; each jpeg labeled by artist name, medium, and size. (Example – Bob Smith, painting, 18 x 24.jpeg)
- Work can be submitted starting January 14, 2013. No submissions will be accepted after 5:00pm on February 28, 2013.
- Artist’s submissions must be submitted at http://wpsu.org/FMposter for jury consideration
- Original artwork submitted should be no smaller than 18 inches x 24 inches. Image can be horizontal or vertical. Final printed poster will not exceed 24 inches x 30 inches overall. (Adjustments in image size may be made to fit final poster format.)
- MOST IMPORTANT… Content of work submitted should reflect people, places, active ties, and life in Pennsylvania.
Required Conditions for Winning Artist and WPSU-FM
- Artist gives reproduction rights to WPSU-FM for a press run of up to 400. Additionally, the artist gives reproduction rights to WPSU-FM for use in station and competition promotion
- Artist retains possession of original work.
- Artist agrees to assist WPSU and printer as needed with any alteration for image size (example – cropping).
- Artist agrees to sign and number all prints; If appropriate, signing may take place at a public event in the WPSU studios.
Compensation for Winning Artist
WPSU-FM will not provide monetary compensation for the winning artist, however, the following recognition and promotional support will be provided;
- Artist receives 50 of the prints for their own use.
- Artist receives fund raising related thank-you mentions on WPSU-FM.
- WPSU-FM will establish a link from its public site to the artists public site; If such site is available, a link will be maintained for one year or until start of the following year’s poster print competition, whichever comes first.
Judging and Selection
All entries will be reviewed by a panel of no less than 4 jurors. Jurors will score entries individually but make final evaluations and winning selection as a group. Artist name will not be attached to any entry during individual or group review.
Tentative structure of the jury includes; Ken Hull – Centre County artist and author acting as consultant to WPSU, one staffer from WPSU, and at least two individuals, chosen from the community at large, who have active membership in WPSU. Jury participation will be voluntary and without compensation.
The winner will be notified of the selection the week of March 18. All entrants will be contacted soon after.
Click here to Submit your artwork.