December 17, 2009
Posted by Joe Chuba
Game 2 summary
Penn State got their act together and all but dominated game 2, winning 25-18.
Megan Hodge showed flashes of the intense player Penn State fans have seen in Rec Hall. What is interesting is that the fire isn’t constantly burning in this national semi-final with the season on the line.
The Penn State block was much more of a factor in game 2. The Nittany Lions stuffed or altered many more Hawaii attacks in this game. That will be the key to the match. Hawaii got clear killing chances in game one, and barely edged the Lions.
Still a worry: the back line play for Penn State. The balls getting beyond the block are finding the floor too often, and if Penn State doesn’t start getting the digs they will be in trouble.
Author: Joe Chuba
Bio: Sports Producer for WPSU-TV
Most recent entries
- Penn State Regular Season Recap
- Penn State vs Wisconsin Preview
- Penn State vs Ohio State Preview
- Penn State vs Nebraska Preview
- Penn State Football Bye Week Review
- Penn State vs Illinois Preview
- Penn State vs Northwestern Preview
- Penn State vs Purdue Homecoming Preview
- Penn State vs Iowa Preview
- Penn State vs Indiana Preview
- Penn State vs Eastern Michigan Preview
- Penn State vs Temple Preview
- Penn State vs Alabama Preview
- Steve Jones preview of Indiana State
- Outback Bowl Preview