About the Film
Following the story of a small American town confronting a firestorm of controversy ignited by a same-sex wedding announcement and the brutal bullying of a gay teen, this gripping documentary will challenge you to rethink your values and help close the gaps that divide our communities.
About the Campaign
Out in the Silence is more than a movie, it's part of the movement for fairness, equality and human rights for GLBT people.
What an impressive example of how just a few people can make a huge difference.
Find Us On Facebook
- OUT NOW Wins 2013 Out In The Silence Award for Youth Activism
December 10, 2013
- Filmmakers Wilson & Hamer Testify in Special Legislative Session on Marriage Equality in Hawai‘i
November 05, 2013
- A Transgender Teacher in Hawai‘i Makes a Place for Every Student
October 22, 2013
- Wilson & Hamer’s New Film on Gender Inclusivity Garners Major Public Television Funding
August 22, 2013
- Hoopla: Out In The Silence - Extended Edition
Online service that allows anyone with a library card to watch films for FREE - July 11, 2013
- Hulu: Out In The Silence, as seen on PBS
Watch "Out In The Silence" on Hulu for Free - Anytime, Anywhere - July 11, 2013
- Wayne State College
Wayne, NE - September 19, 2014
- Presented by Penn State Public Broadcasting.